Join Atlantic Station all month-long and Go Red! in support of the American Heart Association’s fight against heart disease!
Beginning February 3, 2017, cities around the U.S. and around the world will Go Red! in support of the American Heart Association‘s fight against heart disease by participating in Go Red for Women, a nationwide movement to help wipe out the number one killer of men and women.
Atlantic Station will be joining forces with Hines to take the Go Red! campaign to the next level. Throughout the month of February, Central Park will be illuminated red. Plus, to support heart health and a healthier lifestyle, make sure to swing by Concierge for a complimentary red apple! If you’re wearing red, you’ll also get a commemorative Atlantic Station heart stress reliever and a Red Dress Campaign pin!
Join in the fun by promoting the Go Red! campaign at your office or school by motivating your peers to wear red on Friday, February 3! And, help us take the initiative global by posting your team pics on social media using the hashtags #GoRedWearRed and #Atlantic Station!
- Heart disease is the number one killer of women, causing 1 in 3 deaths each year. That’s approximately one woman each minute.
- Caring for your heart through a healthy dieat and regular physical activity is the secret weapon to preventing heart disease.
- 90% of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
- Since 1984, more women than men have died each year from heart disease and the gap between men and women’s survival continues to widen.
- The symptoms of heart disease can be different in women vs. me, and are often misunderstood.
- While 1 in 31 American women dies from breast cancer each year, 1 in 3 dies of heart disease.
- How can you prevent it?
- Don’t smoke.
- Manage your blood sugar.
- Get your blood pressure under control.
- Lower your cholesterol.
- Know your family history.
- Stay active.
- Lose weight.
- Eat healthy. (We’ll help! Swing by Concierge for a free red apple all month long!)
Have more questions? The American Heart Association has the answers! Click here!
EAT HEALTHY AT ATLANTIC STATION
Boneheads: Grilled Salmon (Fire-grilled salmon with Boneheads spice, served with rice and choice of one regular side, choice of topping, and remoulade)
Meehan’s Public House: Poke Lettuce Wraps, Ahi Tuna Tacos, Grilled Feta Sandwich, Chopped Salad with choice of chicken or salmon, and the Salmon Entree